Use Market Explorer to create segments and explore related data based on markets, genres, games with a certain feature(s), or simply by choosing a number of games. GameRefinery's feature framework consists of over 200 features that you can use to create segments.
Segment creation in Market Explorer
However, the sheer number of features may feel overwhelming at first, so we've provided few pointers on how to approach segment creation to help you get a head start.
Select features to create segments of games that have the feature
Below are a few use cases for different kinds of segments in Market Explorer
- Research genres and subgenres
- Compare markets
- Compare game types by using Core and/or Defining mechanic features
- Compare games with/without certain features
PRO TIP: Start from high level and dig deeper into more specific segments
Research genres and subgenres
Compare game types by using Core and/or Defining mechanic features
- By using Core-features, e.g. Compare Match-3 games against Strategy games
- By using Defining Mechanic-features, e.g. Compare 4X Strategy games against Action RPGs.
Compare games with / without certain features
Next steps: Continue working with Market Explorer
- Start by creating multiple segments and try different Subgenres / Core-features, measure their differences and find anomalies in games (e.g. high performers)
- Narrow down segments by adding more focused features (e.g. Theme-, PvP- or Social- features)
- Find what differences there are in games that have/don't have the main features
- Look at the overview data for differences in average / median revenue / download estimates.
- Jump into the Games tab and try sorting the list based on different data to spot the best performing games