CONSUMABLE MATERIALS are items that are used in recipes/formulas to make new items, upgrade items you already have or to strengthen yourself or your characters permanently.
- Are not used by themselves but as a part of formulas/recipes to create something new
- Are consumed/depleted after use
- Are not attached/equipped to characters, units or buildings
- Equipment pieces or character shards in RPG games (e.g. Hero Souls in Heroes Charge)
- Ingredient items in crafting-based games. (e.g. Wheat and Eggs in Hay Day)
- A single entity in a game can be classified as only one of the following: EQUIPMENT, PERMANENT BOOST, CONSUMABLE BOOST, CONSUMABLE MATERIAL! For example, if an item grants benefits ONLY if its attached to a character, it is counted as EQUIPMENT, even if it’s consumed when used.
- If an item doesn’t give any gameplay bonuses, i.e. it has only decorative purpose, it is not counted as any of the above