CONSUMABLE BOOSTS are items and other things that have limited amount of uses (usually one) and give characters, units, buildings or the player herself a temporary or one-time boost/benefit (e.g. Experience potions in Heroes Charge or various boosters in Candy Crush Saga).
- Give temporary or one-time boosts/benefits when used
- Are consumed/depleted after use
- Are not attached/equipped to characters, units or buildings
- Health & experience potions in RPG games (e.g. Experience potions in Heroes Charge)
- Production boosters in strategy games (e.g. Food Boost in Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth)
- Booster items in match-3 puzzle games (e.g. Lollipop Hammer in Candy Crush Saga)
- A single entity in a game can be classified as only one of the following: EQUIPMENT, PERMANENT BOOST, CONSUMABLE BOOST, CONSUMABLE MATERIAL! For example, if an item grants benefits ONLY if its attached to a character, it is counted as EQUIPMENT, even if it’s consumed when used.
- If an item doesn’t give any gameplay bonuses, i.e. it has only decorative purpose, it is not counted as any of the above