EQUIPMENTS are items that have to be attached (i.e. equipped) to characters, units, buildings or the player him-/herself to grant boosts/benefits.
- Are attached to characters, units or buildings
- Give boosts or benefits only while equipped
- Weapons and armor in RPG games (e.g. swords in Taichi Panda)
- Guns in sniper & FPS games (e.g. sniper rifles in Kill Shot Bravo)
- Runes and other attachable “non-gear” items (e.g. Runes in Summoners War)
- A single entity in a game can be classified as only one of the following: EQUIPMENT, PERMANENT BOOST, CONSUMABLE BOOST, CONSUMABLE MATERIAL! For example, if an item grants benefits ONLY if its attached to a character, it is counted as EQUIPMENT, even if it’s consumed when used.
- If an item doesn’t give any gameplay bonuses, i.e. it has only decorative purpose, it is not counted as any of the above