PERMANENT BOOSTS are non-equippable items or other things that give characters, units, buildings or the player him-/herself a permanent boost or improvement of some kind. Permanent boosts also include different kinds of non-character cards in non-traditional card games (such as Fireball and other spells in Hearthstone).
- Give permanent boosts or benefits
- Are not permanently consumed/depleted after use
- Are not attached/equipped to characters, units or buildings
- Upgradeable car sections (e.g. Engine in CSR Racing)
- Permanent abilities used by the player himself (NOT by characters) (e.g. Artillery in Boom Beach)
- Researchable technologies and enhancements (Research in Game of War: Fire Age)
- Permanent passive "skill-like" boosts acquired by the player himself (NOT by characters) (e.g. Masteries in Marvel Contest of Champions)
- A single entity in a game can be classified as only one of the following: EQUIPMENT, PERMANENT BOOST, CONSUMABLE BOOST, CONSUMABLE MATERIAL! For example, if an item grants benefits ONLY if it's attached to a character, it is counted as EQUIPMENT, even if it’s consumed when used.
- If an item doesn’t give any gameplay bonuses, i.e. it has only decorative purpose, it is not counted as any of the above